Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Something in your teeth?

What is a girl to do when she's on the bus and feels a little grain of something stuck in her tooth? Well I can tell you what not to do. Please do not fist your face while sitting amongst other commuters who have not had their breakfast yet, and will surely be haunted by the visual. I will try to paint this picture for you, but I must warn you, it is not G rated. I don't even know letter I would use to rate this experience. Perhaps G is the right letter... G as in GROSS! Anyway, after trying several fingers in the most obscene hand positions to no avail, she began using her metro card. I tried so hard not to look. But it's one of those horrible sights that you can't not look at. The metro card didn't work. Back to the fingers. She inserted her thumb way in the back, and started jabbing at something. This is the grossest part. She removed her finger and began examining it to see what part of last nights dinner was on the moist and glistening tip of her thumb. I almost gagged. This pattern of finger, metro card, finger continued for the duration of my 40 minute ride to work, and I am almost positive it did not stop after I got off.

There really isn't a lesson here, except that fisting your face on the bus is both inappropriate and offensive to innocent onlookers who really don't want to see the undigested remains of last nights meatloaf stuck in your toofus.

0 comments :