Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Check yo'self befo' you wreck yo'self.

I understand that my use of public transportation reduces my carbon footprint, so I feel good about my contribution to saving the planet, but lord am I surrounded by complete idiots. Sometimes I feel like I'm on a hidden camera show! Today a very large woman sat next to me in a two-seater and literally had me pinned to the window for about a half an hour. In no way is this a jab at her weight, because I too am on a weight loss journey, but the key is knowing where you fit, and where you don’t. Another favorite is when someone has been waiting for the bus for a while, and they wait till they get on the bus to start digging through their bottomless pit of a purse for their Metro Card. Oooohh another is when someone is going down into the station while talking on their cell phone, and they stop short in the middle of the stairs to get their last few words in before losing their signal. I also love it when people bust open their box of Popeye’s and start grubbing right next to you. Why do I have to smell like fried chicken? Or, or, this is a good one, what about the guy who likes to take full advantage of a crowded bus/train by standing right behind you rocking to and fro poking you with his semi hard pee pee…that’s always fun!

Ahhh public transportation, it’s good times.

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Act crazy...that’s my answer for everything and you might be surprised how well it works...with strangers... I tried it with my family a few times and it didn’t go over well...