Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Baracked the vote!


And Baracking the vote never felt so good! Watching the results along with the rest of the country, seeing the First Family walk on that stage, and hearing Obama's heartfelt speech all caused my eyes to well uncontrollably with tears. The excitement of what I was witnessing was overwhelming. To hear a President speak of change, hope, and possibility the way he did was something we have been aching for. To hear a President utter the word "Gay" during an acceptance speech was unbelievably monumental. To see people, Black, White, Asian, Hispanic... eyes filled with tears of joy, their hands clenched and held to their faces in blissful disbelief, to see them eagerly hanging on his every word...it was all surreal. Obama represents us all. He feels like one of us. I feel safe today. With the fate of our country in his hands, I feel safe. There is something honest in his voice, in his smile. There is something about the way he speaks of his family, something about the way he speaks of our future that makes me feel hopeful. I believe in him the same way I used to believe in my father as a child. I am proud of our country today. I felt earlier this week like we were a country divided. Today I feel as though we are a country united. The things that separate us have taken a back seat to what we all want for our wonderful country, for our children...for our future.

0 comments :