Thursday, November 20, 2008

No turkey, no cry

Only vegetarians who made the life choice to not eat meat because of the inhumane slaughtering of animals will truly understand this post. Today I was given a turkey by my job for the upcoming holiday. It’s sitting on my desk as I write this. I feel a sense of sadness just looking at it. Perhaps one week ago, it was alive, and a painful death was on its way. My whole life I was a meat eater. Growing up in a Latin household, meat accompanied EVERY meal, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Today I can’t even fathom letting it touch my lips. I can’t even see a piece of meat anymore without wondering how that animal must have died, and what dreadful experience it had to endure at the hands of heartless people. *sigh*



WARNING: VIDEO FOOTAGE IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC.





Click here to watch more videos at PETA.org

0 comments :