Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I jingle all the way

Get your mind out of the gutter! I was reading my good friend Helm's blog (oh yeah we're besties hehe), and it got me to thinking about Christmas. I love Christmas, but I don't really celebrate it for its religious significance anymore. It seems I've become more spiritual than religious in the last few years. My mother wasn't thrilled about the Buddha that was watching her pee in my bathroom, but I told her that I think Jesus glaring at her would have been way scarier. Anyway, setting aside religion, there is just a feeling around the holidays that I can't explain. It's happy, it's nostalgic, it's cozy, it's exciting, it's emotional, it's full of love (most of the time)...it's just merry and wonderful. In January when the credit card bills start rolling in, and you're wondering if those battery operated heated slippers you bought Aunt Shelly were really worth it, just think of how often you really buy your loved ones gifts. And although it's not all about gift giving, it feels great to be able to give and receive.

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Thanks for the love blog BFF. And remember this holiday season its Festivus for the rest of us...no gifts needed