Thursday, November 13, 2008

Concrete diving anyone?

So this morning was running pretty smoothly. I caught the 8:15 bus. There was no abnormal activity on the 8:15 bus. Everything was just dandy. I got off the bus and looked at the time….. 8:57…WHAT??? That bus usually gets me to work at roughly 8:45. So with a block and a half ahead of me, I started to do a lil jogging. Now I should tell you that my office is extremely casual, so I am wearing Converse and a lil morning jog shouldn't be a dangerous thing. I mean it’s not like I am wearing stilettos or anything. OK now I don’t play baseball, but from what I have seen on TV, what happened next can only be described as me stealing third base, except there was no base, just rugged uneven concrete. And while I understand that putting my hands out in front of me protected my face and teeth. Oh lord, my teeth, I don’t want to even imagine the horror. I won’t even speak of it. So while I do understand the benefit of putting my hands in front of me, can I just say…OOOOOOUUUUUCHHHH!!!! I went flying and sliding on that concrete. Of course it was much more than physical pain. There was a red light situation, so about ten cars parallel to me were in a perfect position to feast on my humiliation. What happened next you ask? I got up very quickly, so quickly in fact that I dropped my cell phone. I heard a voice coming from one of the cars, “Are you OK?” My response, “Yeah, Yeah, I’m fine thanks!” I shuffled with my bag, picked up my cell phone and kept running. I ran like I stole something. I wasn’t even thinking about getting to work by 9am anymore. I just wanted to get away from those eyes that had seen that fall. I got to work at 8:59. The whole event was more than two minutes though… I remembered later that my watch is fast, so I didn’t even need to run.

Other events of the morning include the breakfast delivery guy forgetting my Snapple, realizing I might have lost my vitamins during the fall, and a bottle of Aleve opening up in my bag. Oh and there is dirt embedded so deeply in my raw hands that I can’t get it out.

There is a bottle of Shiraz at home with my name ALLLLL over it.

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Everytime I fall I get up with the grace of a Supermodel and as I strut off, I say " I meant to do that,we're fliming an undercover show to see how helpful starngers are"
    Then the bystanders take thier eys off of me........thinking a caameraman lurkds nearby
    LOL