Sunday, February 15, 2009

Philly was silly


So today my boo (lmao @ "my boo") and I decided to use our almost expired bus tickets and spend the day in Philly. We were very excited to check out all that down town Philly had to offer, but turns out, not so much. I'm guessing that when you are from a city like New York City, other places fail in comparison. I hope I am not offending any proud Philadelphians, or upsetting other proud non New Yorkers. I mean I am sure Paris, London and Rome may be able to hold a candle to my beloved NYC...but Philly...well Philly let us down. I had never been to Philadelphia outside of school trips to see the Liberty Bell, and well if you have seen the Liberty Bell more than once, that is definately one time too many. It's a Bell with a crack in it. I have crack heads and prostitutes on my corner, it's going to take more than a broken bell to excite me.

Aside from the general disappointment, we found ourselves very confused as to why everything was either closed or shut down. I felt like I was in some type of futuristic movie where you wake up from some unexplainable coma that you have been in for 10 years to find your city destroyed and abandoned.

I was however very excited to see the street sign Filbert and 9th. This is the main building of the Philadelphia Parking Authority... A&E Parking Wars fans will understand why... am I the only person who loves Garfield?

The second highlight of my day was when Kevin, a panhandler who wreeked of Smirnoff gave us advice on sight seeing and then asked us to buy him lunch. Boo and I offered him Pizza, but he said Pizza upset his stomach...priceless. Finally Kevin and his stomach agreed to cheese fries.

1 comments :

  1. The Cuntress said...

    So you know I was there too!! Lord the homeless people are something else. They have the NERVE to have choices!! are you kidding me. I told you I bought some vodka for this guy and he asked me for the receipt! THE RECEIPT!!

    In any case the gay clubs are worst, its like the woman morphed into Monster/brokeback mountain.

    Never again