Thursday, October 9, 2008

To write or not to write...

I don't know what is up with me. I know what my dream is. There is no start up money required. There are no current obstacles or limitations holding me back. Just write. Everyday, every spare moment... and don't stop until it's done. This is all I have to do to be on my way. I think part of my fear is that I won't succeed. That no one will want to read the words that come from deep within my heart and soul. I know that my first endeavor will not reach the top of the best seller list. But I just want to be out there. I know I have a story to tell, maybe even one day people will care enough to read about my life. I need to journal more, if I ever plan on writing about my life. I need to capture the emotion behind the events of my life. God knows there has been enough drama to make it a page turner!

I need to get over my fear of public speaking. I don't know how those Jehovah's Witnesses do it. They just start speaking out loud on the bus. Maybe I should start there... with a small audience that will probably not pay me any mind and just assume I'm crazy =)

Then I worry about my loved ones. What will they think about what I write, be it true to life, sexual, explicit, etc.?? I want to be raw, uncensored...unihibited. I think this weekend I will buy a nice bottle of wine and sit in front of my screen and drink until the words begin to flow...

0 comments :