Wednesday, May 13, 2009

How do they sleep at night?



Since my son came back home to live with me, his father has basically disowned him and barely speaks to my daughter, although he says he is not mad at her. Now my thing is...you want to be mad at me, FINE. You still have financial obligations with regards to your children. My daughter is going to South Africa this summer and her school will not allow her to proceed with the process until her account has a zero balance. They called me yesterday and asked if I could send her to school today with a check for $471. Of course I said, "Sure, no problem." And she will definitely have it. However, that money is needed elsewhere. He won't respond to my emails or phonecalls. Yesterday I texted his wife and asked her to relay the message to him that the $300 that he owes me since september plus half of the $470, totaling $535 would be greatly appreciated. FYI she feels my pain and is trying to figure out a way to leave his abusive ass at this very moment. It's not good when you have to go home thinking of your escape plan for the night. I just don't now how these bastards sleep at night.

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    I've learned over the years that you can't force people to do right, you aren't responsible for another person's behaviour towards you. You are however responsible for your response to that person's behaviour. The easiest way to get hell out of your life is to get on your knees. When you get off your knees begin to thank him in advance for the answer!

  2. Barbara said...

    So frustrating! I just don't understand what goes wrong with these kind of men. There should really be some kind of database for these fuckers so that no woman would have to follow in the abused footsteps of another.

    I hope your daughter has a great time in Africa and I KNOW that your son is MUCH better off without that asshole in his life... your daughter might be as well.